Monday, June 6, 2011

You Only Know What I Want You To...


You only know what I want you to...

So I will sit on this bread and hope you have the butter
I will walk to the park and wait to hear from you
My phone, I left it home
(I lost it actually)
I will sit at the bus stop waiting for you until
You come pick me up
I will go to the store hoping you will come rescue me
(I gave my last dollars to the guy on the corner with his dirty cup clinking)
I will go to the beach and hope you will come fish me out
I will go to the bakery and hope you will walk in to feed me
(Something sweet)
I will go to the Halloween shop and hope than on my birthday
You on bended knee offer me a plastic ring
(And say: I’ve been waiting for you all my life)
I will walk to the corner of my room and stand there till
I see the shadow of your feet from the bottom of my door
And I will walk to the cemetery with flowers in my hands
And offer them to the many dead loved ones that no one loved
And I will wait by the lottery bank and wait for that
Ring in my ear to disappear and for you to appear
And I will wait in the middle of the highway hoping
You will be driving slow enough to see me
I will be there waiting. Waiting and hoping for you to come
In any form to do what you want to do

Because you only know what I want you to… 
Which means you know more than me
When you do.








1 comment: