Monday, June 20, 2011

I Can't Invent You


There I am walking under the umbrella
Of heaven
I was almost caught up
With you again
You made me scream but the sound muted
Left me
You dream like I dream but my dreams
Take on a new meaning when I meet you
again

You walk away like I walk away
You speak away like I speak away
So you bruise me like I bruise me
And I confuse my steps with yours
Because today is Monday
A day in the month of June
And I still love you

I’m walking under the umbrella of heaven
Blue and filled with clouds I walk
Needless to say, you know
I can’t invent you like you invent me
You made me up somewhere in your dreams
Like I made you mine some years ago
And now I pay for it- another go
At it

I was caught up with your smile
But it gave me a shock
And I knew where I had to go…
Walking away like you walk away
With some sign
of salvation
It means some intervention
Will be taking place but I can’t resist
Playing games with the rules
If rules are made to be broken
Than I want to break them just
To rebuild them-
You walk away and you want me
To stay (like a dog
Kneeling at the foot of the door)
Yet you walk away
Where I in no way could reach you
So because today is Monday
A day in the month of June
I still love you




No comments:

Post a Comment