Thursday, September 8, 2011

When I Run Into You Again

The day I ran into you
was the day that clouds
began to crowd me
and darkness became darker,
mainly because of the happiness
I hoped you'd bring 
and the rain began to fall 
with all my hopes and dreams... through cracks
Because I hadn't learned
how to hold them

And so now I sit here
Scared, not knowing what
tomorrow brings
Sometimes trying hard to blink
and feeling sensitive to everything around
me (and my cat with his claws gnaw at me)
And I remember that instant
when I ran so fast to you that the rain couldn't touch me
It's almost like the blue of the sky had decided to forgive me
for not know what to do
when I ran into you

And I hold on to you, in memory
And I hold on to us
Was I ever happy in the midst of
all of my aches, was I once a soldier
in the rain, or the spark in all your darkness
When I ran into you... I wasn't quite aware
why the clouds were all around me
but the persistent darkness
wasn't bad after all

When the rain comes rushing down
I will cup my hands and pretend
That this rain that falls
are my real dreams
And I'll be catching on to nature
When I run into you again









No comments:

Post a Comment