Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Poet Fights in Frozen Times

"I wish I hadn't been on ice for twenty years"
She says, with a superficial smile
And proclaiming with few words "I thought I did good"

When there are words
In a cabinet, letters of how the moon was close like a friend-  this was before Facebook or twitter or whatever... I vowed to take your place in the war but only because I thought you'd stop yourself from going - And I'd be able to say: "oh, he is my brother... he cares for me, I care for him" but I now see your intentions weren't my intentions just anything but interventions.

I wrote to you, with eyes closed, I wrote to you because I knew I didn't need to see to know how much I love you. You said "Go, you said go and don't look back" And oh, what a sister you were. What a friend!

My cabinet is filled with letters, with words. And mostly covered in coffee stains and in dirt
You in the heat, with your sweat dripping on this paper I read, and I get it. Yes I get it, filled with memories I have yet to live
You love I see you love
You need and like all else that caries life -I need
We're all in need

And so yes you're frozen
And I too perhaps am frozen with guilt
Frozen with fear
That I have yet to thaw all my emotions
Write them - no dammit no! Not on a paper... Nobody does that anymore
Poets write on machines these days
She says "when will the time come again? When will you sit and write a letter to me?" Yes I chose to fight the war! Yes I chose to live my life in storybooks
In someone's head
But I still need you. Like you- I still need you!

So maybe the time will never come
When you will sit again and write a letter
You are perhaps dead even
Dead like the sea, yes the Dead Sea
Dead while I wonder
How I became me

You are still frozen, like me frozen
And I can't even begin to bring you to life
Because my sister you are somewhere in my head
My brother you are real...
But maybe frozen still like me

We came from the same womb.
How different can I be from you?
How different, tell me!?

I wish I could write like you did. And although I don't wish the war on you like you wished it on you.... I love you.
What petty those three words can be
I love you
However you may be, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment