Thursday, July 19, 2012

Reasons To Live


When there are reasons to live
I know you will bring me the paper
And read it to me

I am six or four or maybe two feet below 
the gravel that you walk on…
You run so fast, so damned fast
But I don’t feel a thing
More reasons 
More and more lies

When there are reasons to live
I know you will again remind me
That these dark windows are
Really the eyes on me
Really the eyes that comfort me

I am six or four or maybe two scared to live
I am not six years old but I feel like a lost bug
Waiting for spanking… don’t fool yourself.
Don’t pretend to be my messenger when
Those days are gone… they choke me
They suffocate me

They take the life out of me
They are criminals
Dark clothed
And dark folding chairs in my consciousness
If you sit on them you will fall

Place the chair right below me
Below
Me
Be
Low
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment