Saturday, May 5, 2012

Gray

I am gray and cause of you
I see myself falling from the edge 
and I pick myself up
drugless I pick myself up 
You try... to pick me up
I am bright
my mother says I'm bright
I am also new 
and old and new
sometimes, to you

I am gray 
you make the colors 
in me darker; you spit black paint into me
and I have fallen from grace 
no, not from God but from you
I've fallen, and keep falling
failing too, and waking up to you
I am not new but old
and new to you sometimes... 
and that's when you knock me up
you knock me up to knock me down again

You want me to rise, that's it. 
You want to see me rise from dead, alive
you want the best for me
the best for me, for you
You want me gray sometimes to see me 
turning red and see me turning red 
and red and red... 
But I'm just gray right now

You say: "Show me your colors"
You sing to me, you praise me 
but only when I turn to you in colors 
Do you believe in me
When gray hides 
And it does, yes it matters to me
You see, what you want to see  
when you look at me, 
with blue, or red and violet
or even pink 
covering your eyes
you see-

I wish my colors 
Would make you proud of me
I wish my colors 
would leave black jealous of my love for you
I am just gray right now-   
I wonder when you would,
Stop spiting black into me!

No comments:

Post a Comment